2007年10月4日 星期四

4 OCT 2007



Posted by Gilbert Arenas on Sept. 8 2007, 5:48 p.m. ET


That's my "get me a sub" face.
Rocky Widner/NBAE/Getty Images
The Gary Payton Story
I mentioned this to Dime, but here is the whole story. What was funny was Calvin used to come to me after we played Miami and was like, an, by minute, you scored the most points on GP. Do you have a problem with GP??And so I told him how I don have a problem with him but when I was a rookie I just got a starting position and we were playing the Sonics and you bring up the ball and he gives you that little smirk, like the hat do you belong on the court for??smirk, so it intimidating. You know, he The Glove. So all that comes together and he starts pushing up and you get nervous with the ball and now youe on the other end and you have to stick him on defense and youe thinking,  stronger than him,?and he posting you up and then he takes on the center because there a switch and he posts the center up and still scores easy and youe like, h shoot, what the hell is this??So he scored like 16 of the Sonics 20 points in the first quarter. Ie never been so happy to get subbed out of a game. It was the only game ever where a coach subbed me out and I ran to the bench happy. So coach subbed me out, right, and I like, oooo. Oh my God.?Bobby Sura goes in for me and I like, ood luck Bobby, that man is on FIRE.?So, I sitting there and as soon as Bobby gets subbed in he gets subbed back out and I thinking, o, coach, sub me back in!?The Sonics put Randy Livingston in for Payton and I thinking, oach! Coach! I think I can play against him!?But no, he matched me up with GP again when GP came in during the second half. So, during a free throw we were both standing next to each other at half court and he was like, oue lucky I no A.I. type of player or I have scored 50 on you in the first half!?And I thinking in my mind, oue damn right! You aren lying.?
So from that day on, every time he got floor I went at him just because of that. You know, I couldn talk trash to him, you can talk trash to him. There was nothing I had to say, I just had to try to score as many points as I could on him to try to make him try to feel the way he made me feel that day. Now I go after the rookies whenever I get the chance just because of what GP did to me. You know, I used to fear him. Whenever I was working out I was thinking, his is to get ready for GP. I got to see GP four times, GP four times? And then when he went to Milwaukee I was like, es! Only GP two times, GP two times?

沒有留言:

張貼留言